The aims of this blog are to help anyone who wants to know what they should and should not do before and after Botox treatment to get the best results.
1) Select a Doctor that is qualified, experienced, reputable and specialises in facial anatomy. Successful Botox treatment is dependent on the skill and technique of the practitioner.
2) Be transparent. Tell us about your medical history, allergies, previous medical treatments, fears of needles, and any medication you are taking (prescription or off the shelf).
3) Make sure Botox treatment is right for you. There are other facial aesthetic treatments available. Discuss what you want to achieve so we can establish if any alternatives, such as dermal filler treatment, may be more suitable for you.
4) Make sure you and your practitioner are clear about your concerns and what you want to be treated. It is important we understand how you want them improved and the final result you would like to achieve.
5) Ensure you have a realistic expectation of what Botox treatment can do for you.
6) Avoid drinking alcohol for a few days prior to your Botox treatment to minimise bruising and ensure the results.
1) Make-up will be removed prior to treatment.
2) Try to stay extremely still.
1) Do not touch, rub or massage the area that has been injected for at least 24 hours. This will prevent the Botox from spreading to other unintended muscles.
2) Avoid intense physical activity or saunas/ steam room.
3) Avoid consuming large amounts of alcohol.
4) Avoid facials, chemical peels, micro-dermabrasion for at least 14 days.
5) If you have any bruising in the injected area, you can use topical vitamin K and arnica to help you.
6) Return for a top-up/ review if require any alterations.
7) Inform us immediately if you are concerned about any side effects or complications from your Botox treatment.
Please e-mail [email protected] for any further information or to arrange your consultation.
Dr Hannah Wilson
Talk to us
Feel like you, just younger.
Facial rejuvenation at Infinity Skin Clinic is a safe and effective alternative to cosmetic surgery. Don’t worry, there is no need to feel that you look older or tired – Advanced Facial Aesthetics treatment including anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers can help achieve natural, yet impressive results. These treatments can successfully improve your appearance, making you look younger by smoothing out unwanted lines and wrinkles. Reverse the signs of ageing and turn back the clock!Book a Consultation